Friday, October 9, 2009

Gee...I wish I was back in the army...

I feel like I'm at home right now...

My mom and I are visiting my step-brother"s family here in Bitburg Germany. He"s in the Army so we"re on an Army Base and everything is american here. We get to use US dollars, US washers and dryers, eat at US resstaurants, and go to a US Grocery store... and then you turn on the radio and its in German...so there you go.

My mom and I left Dresden (in our rental SMART car) on Tuesday and I drove us up to Hamburg where we got to see my Mission presdident and his wife again. That was great to see them again. It was almost a year to the date that I had seen them from when I left Germany last time. We stayed there on Tuesday night and I drove us down to Bitburg Wednesday. There was construction and rain. But I was zipping in and out of traffic in our teeny SMART car...you really ont realize how small it in when you"re in it...but then you see anoter one drive next to you and think...ewww...THAT"s what we"re driving? But it got us here safely...

We've been here since Wednesday and have been having a good time with the family here. I guess the kids here are technically my step-niece and nephews...but I"ve never met them before now since they've been living here and I've been in CA. The kids are really nice and I enjoy making people out of chestnuts with them. the mom is from Holland an she wants to take us there on Saturday (only an hour an a half drive from bitburg) to show us her "motherland" Apparently I faile geography 'cause I thought Holland would have been a lot further south than that...anyways...I still need to google why they"re called "Dutch" when they're from the Netherlands...and not "Netherlandians"

Im getting better and better day by day. The scars now a light pink instead of a bruied purple color and the tube holes are healed up now as well. I just ave to constantly stretch my right arm etc to keep it from tightening up on me. When we were driving I sneezed really hard...It hurt but felt sooooo good...I heard three cracks of my ribs...i just felt like I could breath so much easier after it popped.

thanks again for all your love...

Bryce

1 comment:

  1. sounds like adhesions breaking... sometimes scar tissues forms where organs will stick together. your sneeze probably broke some of those forming adhesions.

    ReplyDelete