Friday, September 25, 2009

TUBE FREE IS THE WAY TO BE!

They just took out the last drainage tube from me chest an hour ago...it feels amaying to have it out! Every day for the past four or five days one doctor would come in and say, "oh, they'll definately take the tbe out today" and then not ten minutes later another doctor would come in and say, "Nope...not today." The worst was when tha group of doctors came in yesterday and said that today was the day and again, not ten minutes later, Dr. Rolle came in and said that it was a no-go. What made it worst was the fact that I kept waiting to shower etc until the last tube was taken out because it would be less cumbersome etc. So I got more stinky then I think I have ever gotten before in nmy life. Last night I washed myself up 'cause even I couldn't take it anymore. But they came in this morning told me to get shirtless and lie on my side. A few rips of bandage tape, snips of stiches and an odd suction later and I was cleaned up and tube free! The tube squirted a little bit and so I need to aske them for some new sheets...because I may be dirty...but I ain't THAT dirty...ewwww....


So I've been enjoying walking around the hospital without my dancing partner. I would always kick it or trip on it anyways so it's better that we be be apart.

I had the best breakfast this morning. After a week and a half of two slices of bread, a slice of cheese, and two slices of lunch meat I couldn't take their breakfast menu anymore. I heard from the other american patient and her husband that there's a secret menu! ITS LIKE IN'N'OUT! So I ordered an omlette with ham and cheese and mushrooms and tomatoes...it was larger than my hand...and was delicious! I had to pace myself to finish it.

So now all that's left to do it keep doing all the breathing exercises and get outta here ASAP!

...as you can tell I'm of much better spirits than I was the past few days...

3 comments:

  1. Bryce looks wonderful today after getting the last of the tubes removed. He and I walked downtown to get dinner yesterday. It was a great walk. Today he was a bit tired from being out and about a lot yesterday. Sunday he is planning to come to church with us-me and the family I am staying with- it is ward conference and afterwards there is a linger longer. The saints are amazing here in this area. The church has been very active since before WWII under the German Democratic Republic.(behind the Iron Curtain)

    Please kep Bryce in your prayers and thoughts-
    We are grateful for all your support and love,

    Mom-Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to know I am not the only one in the family (ahem, Bryce) who doesn't edit their posts! lol!

    Great to hear about the progress and lifted spirits! Oh, and work that secret menu!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad things are going well bryce

    ReplyDelete