Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ello...!

Greetings from London...after three days of travelling I finally made it...and its raining...I guess the rain gives London it's charm right! Lacey brought me to the LAX airport Monday morning at about 6:30am. By 7:30 I was at my gate...which left me 1.5 hours of napping before boarding the plane. I sat next to a couple visiting from Queensland, Australia. They were flying to visit Miami, FL. I enjoyed talking to them...mostly because of their accents though. they told me how good Kangaroo and crocodile taste...I promised them that if I ever went to Australia that I would try them out. That flight took me to Texas. Then I had to jog a bit to catch my next flight to Chicago. that flight was relaxing...I slept the whole way 'cause no one was sitting next to me. Once I got to Chicago I had about a 30 min wait before boarding...I sat next to a guy my age in the Army going to be stationed in Frankfurt. we talked a bit but it was already 7-8 pm and I was le tired. this is when the days and times all seemed to mix together. We landed in Frnakfurt at 11am Tuesday morning. I found out that my connecting flight to London was not at the same airport...and that it didnt leave until Wednesday morning at 6am....So I took a bus to Frankfurt (Hahn) ; about 45 minuted away where I sat and talked with an Italian lady named Anne and a British kid whose name I forgot. When I got to Frankfurt(Hahn) I tried to get on the flight leaving at 6pm Tuesday but alas...they weren't going to allow that...so, I got a hotel room. 50 Euro...breakfast included. I kept falling alseep then waking up...falling asleep then waking up. I had no idea what time it was which threw my head for a loop. At 4:30am my wake-up call came and I could tell that it was going to be a long day. Well...it's only 10am and I still dont know where I'll be staying tonight...I foudn a few places that Im going to stop by and see how "cheap" "cheap" really is. All in all im just glad to be on the ground for at least 2 weeks.

Hope you're all doing great and I'll write again soon...

PS-There's a restaurant below me called Dirty Dicks Tavern...heehee...

2 comments:

  1. See, this is why I love London so much! The rain, for one, and definitely all of the awesome names they have for their pubs.
    I once ate at The Moody Cow.
    The Cow was purple.
    No wonder it was Moody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait, so you went to germany and then london? wasn't germany the destination?

    ReplyDelete