Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sorry it's been a while...

A lot has been going on this past week. As you noticed I was a little frustrated while I wrote the last post. Things were taking longer than expected and I was getting impatient. Monday, Tuesday passed and still no real word about when I would be realeased. Finally they took out the last tube on Tuesday after a horrible weekend.

I had a hole in my lung (or two) as I think I said...and to get lung to stick to the lung cavity they fill the space between the lung and the cavity with sugar water...well...the place where they put the sugar water in was the spot where I had a hole...sugar water in the lungs; not the best experience. After coughing out the sugar water I was not in the mood to do much the rest of the day. That was on Saturday. And they decided that it went so well on Saturday (sarcasm) that they would try it again on Sunday. Same results. So Sunday and Monday were boring...Tuesday they took out the last tube. I was hoping that Friday I would get out but because Wednesday was a holiday in this area we weren't able to get out of the hospital until Saturday morning...I have never been happier to leave a place in my life.

So...last night and tonight we're staying at the Vogler Families house. Tomorrow morning we're leaving on a train south to Munich...and then to Verona....we're crazy...we know...

But I'm feeling good right now...tired of course...but nothing hurts (a little sensative but doesnt hurt) I can already sleep on my side...not just on my back...that's a good thing :)

Hope all of you are doing great...and that your Thanksgiving weekend is filled with pumpkin pie...

1 comment:

  1. Bryce,
    We're SOOO glad to finally hear from you!!
    We are looking forward to your homecomming and continued recovery. As always, it is our prayer that you will have a speedy recovery and a safe trip home. Happy Thanksgiving to you, we all so much to be greatful for!
    Love,
    Becky and family

    ReplyDelete